CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 8, 2010

Tortilla Soup and what not...

Can you tell I like easy cooking? Can you tell I like lots of flavor without a lot of work?

Nothing is easier  or more flavorful than opening a couple of cans from the pantry that you keep on hand to make a super yummy (I'm a word smith I know!) bowl of soup. 

One of the easiest tortilla soup recipes I've stolen and adapted just got tastier thanks to my homemade salsa recipe!   I dare you to try it and not thank me later! It's so good and super easy to make. Did I mention it was easy?

Ready? Set? Thank me later!!


 Angie's Homemade Tortilla Soup

  • 2 large ladles of Angie's Homemade Salsa
  • 1 can chicken broth
  • 1 can chicken breast in water, do not drain
  • 1 can black beans, use 1-2 tablespoons, undrained
  • 1 sm. can sliced black olives, to taste
  • shredded monterey jack cheese
  • tortilla chips crushed, or white corn tortilla (1) folded in 4th, and cut into small strips
  • Feel free to add any other garnishes to the soup like, avacado or sour cream. 
Dump all ingredients into sauce pan, or bowl for microwave and heat until hot. Garnish with shredded cheese. The end.

See?? I told you it would be easy!! And guess what???!!! 

My girls ate it even tho it had "stuff" in it!! (You know, the same stuff they won't eat on a tortilla chips!)

Stay tuned for a White Chicken Chili  recipe using my homemade salsa that'll blow your socks off!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment