CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 21, 2010

This is what happens when I’m sick…

I don’t cook.

I planned out my meals for the whole month. I think I’ve only executed 2 or 3 of those meals.

I’m feeling somewhat better thanks to anti-biotics and LOTS of rest. Rest is nice sometimes, but eating out fast food all the time, not so much.

Tonight, my hubby wasn’t feeling so well, (he accidentally took 2- TWO- Benadryl tablets hoping it would help his sinuses and all it did was knock him out) so I couldn’t just expect him to go and get our usual Sunday meal out. Oh, did I mention I’m spoiled? Yeah…let’s not go there.

So anywhoo…

I whipped up a yummy meal of salmon filets, rice pilaf, and mixed veggies. Oh, I made a dilled mustard butter sauce to put on the salmon. So yum! I love pan seared salmon with some sort of sauce (usually with dill because I love the two flavors together).

I try to keep staples in the pantry for quick meal sides and I always have some sort of frozen veggies on hand.
For next week, I’ve taken another look at the menu and it looks like we’re on for some

Sloppy Joe’s with Mac N Cheese

Somewhere in there I need to get in some salads for lunch and a workout or 7. It’s so hard to change your eating habits when you live with 5 other people. Four of those people are under the age of 15 and more often than not dictate what our meals are. I try to provide lots of variety, but if I was as adventurous as I would like to be, I would have some protesters on my hands! :o)  Besides, I don’t think my family wants to eat Mexican food every night!


What are you going to make this week??


http://sweetbippy.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/angies-sig.png

No comments:

Post a Comment