CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Devil Makes Frosting

Seeing as how I’ve turned a corner on my past unhealthy eating habits and lost 22 lbs, it’s quite confusing why I would be obsessed with frosting lately. Not just any frosting...

Cookie Dough Frosting!!

I should just stop here. But I can't so, you can already imagine what it would be. It looks like chocolate chip cookie dough. It tastes like it too!
Now take that image and plop a thick layer ON TOP of a decedent dark brown fudgy BROWNIE!!

(I think I just fainted.) 
Behold the Devil’s temptation…

cookie dough brownies
Picture Courtesy of Beantown Baker
I know right??
Ok, so I saw this recipe and kept dreaming about it. Wanting to make it, but not wanting to be tempted by the 3 sticks of butter!! Just makes my heart hurt thinking about it, but again…the temptation was STRONG and the pull was great.
I broke down and made the brownies from a box mix.

brownie making
I have no doubt that the Ghirardelli Brownie Mix will be nothing but stellar. I just didn’t want to go through the trouble of measuring everything from scratch to make brownies. I’m lazy. Turns out I’ll have to make another batch of brownies anyway because the frosting makes a HUGE amount!! Way more than should be legal on a brownie.

So onto the frosting recipe! Hang on kids, it’s gonna get buttery!


Cookie Dough Frosting
3 sticks of butter, softened
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
2/3 cup sugar
9 Tbs. milk
3 cups flour
3 cups chocolate chips, semi sweet
*I think it would be tasty to add a teaspoon of vanilla and a pinch of salt, just like you would in regular chocolate chip cookies. I think it would bring out the flavors more. I'll do that next time and let you know!*

1. Add 3 sticks of butter and both sugars to the mixer and cream until light and fluffy. CIMG4662
2. Add milk one Tbs. at a time until mixed in.
3. Turn mixer to low and add 1 cup of flour at a time, stopping to scrape the bowl after each cup of flour. CIMG4671
4. Add chocolate chips and mix in by hand. CIMG4672
5. Top completely cooled brownies with frosting. (store the rest of the frosting covered in fridge until ready to use. Make another batch of brownies and give it away to a friend!!)CIMG4682
6. Cover with clear wrap and let set up in fridge for at least 2 hours or until firm. Cut and enjoy!

7. Go immediately work out after enjoying 1 brownie!
image

I’m totally sorry I had to expose you to this type of temptation. I don’t want to be a stumbling block, so I’ll make sure to dispose of them properly! I’ll give them away! One piece for everyone and then the rest go to other people. I promise!!


Jon took a picture of the sinful yet delicious temptation! Again, I'm sorry. You might want to look away. You've been warned!


                                     
My husband made a video review of my recipe. Check it out if you dare!







Want to see an even cuter review of my brownie? I give you MJ, the cutest darn brownie eater ever!











I’ll only allow you to make them if you promise to give some away too! Enjoy!!



Love, buttersticks, and chocolate chips!
angies-sig

3 comments:

  1. dear god, this sounds amazing! :) going to go make some RIGHT NOW. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Marisa! I can't be held responsible if you fall down and die after you eat one though! Just fair warning...

    ReplyDelete
  3. or if I gain a billion pounds...which I might...but I so don't care! :D

    ReplyDelete